JOB TITLE: Sr. Animator
LOCATION: Bangalore, Karnataka
REPORTS TO: Animation Director
Xentrix Studios is hiring Animators to join our production team in Bangalore.
We require talented men and women who show exceptional understanding of Animation as a story telling and entertaining medium. The position offers a chance to work in a creative environment to produce children’s animated TV series and content for other mediums such as Feature Films, Theme Parks and Games. Good knowledge of weight, locomotion, anatomy, dialogue, acting, appeal is a must. If you have a good sense of humor, that's a plus.
We are all set to welcome artists who will contribute with their skills and will also provide ideas for creating mesmerizing visuals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively tell the story in a meaningful way through vivid and compelling character acting and movement
- Create quality animation using digital tools for TV Series, Feature films and other related projects.
- To create show style & libraries for long term production.
- Plan shots with an understanding of storyline /character context
- Clearly show performance ideas and shot blocking in animation dailies
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors and Animation Supervisors and Leads
- Implement changes and completely finish shots in accordance with production schedule
- Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools
· Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and design issues related to animation.
· Mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and change of requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills. This includes a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the show
· A deep understanding of character rigging. This includes a fundamental understanding of the technical processes involved, functionality and requirements.
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Experience and proficiency in Maya or equivalent 3D software required
- Background in traditional hand-drawn / stop-motion animation would be a plus
- Art Background. Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred
- Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience as a 3D animator for TV series (Preferably Children’s series & International Productions) / Feature / video games.
PORTFOLIO REQUIRMENT & SKILL TEST
· Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging.
· Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
· Candidate must be willing to complete a skill test if required
Xentrix was founded in Bangalore in June 2010 when old friends and competitors Viren Patil and Jai Natarajan found themselves simultaneously transitioning from previous commitments. They were joined by a multinational group of senior industry people who had already experienced success in their careers, and were all driven by the desire to work together and co-create a new artist-driven animation studio.
The founding team at Xentrix consists of this close-knit group of executives, with senior staff in Bangalore and Los Angeles.
The goal at Xentrix is to leverage our collective past industry experience and build a high quality studio we can be proud of. We have successfully delivered hundreds of hours of TV, DVD and game graphics. Our key members have decade-long track records of delivery for marquee international clients on globally recognized brands. We have built, managed and mentored studios with several hundred artists and have managed over $50+ MM of global service projects. All key personnel have hands-on experience in the CG pipeline, production and client management. In what is a frequently volatile and highly complex business, we consider domain expertise & experience to be the determining factors in success.
Full time as Employee
Bangalore, Karnātaka, India
Start date: Starts immediately
This job is ongoing/permanent
Weekly Commitment: 50 hours
Expected travel: 0%
Compensation type: Salary
Benefits: Provident Fund, Health
Unable to sponsor non-resident workers
Security clearance: None required