JOB TITLE: Animation Lead
LOCATION: Bangalore, Karnataka
REPORTS TO: Animation Director
Xentrix Studios is hiring Animators to join our production team in Bangalore.
We require talented men and women who show exceptional understanding of Animation as a story telling and entertaining medium. The position offers a chance to work in a creative environment to produce children’s animated TV series and content for other mediums such as Feature Films, Theme Parks and Games. Good knowledge of weight, locomotion, anatomy, dialogue, acting, appeal is a must. If you have a good sense of humor, that's a plus.
We are all set to welcome artists who will contribute with their skills and will also provide ideas for creating mesmerizing visuals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Directors and Animation Supervisors
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors and Animation Supervisors
- Assist Supervisor with shot breakdown, assignments and planning
· Conduct team meetings to relay project scope, assignments, relay responsibilities suitable to the skill level and complexity of the assignments.
· Ensure work quality is consistent and work efficiency is optimal.
· Monitors and motivates the team to ensure that all deadlines are met.
· Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to project goals.
· Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and design issues related to animation.
· Mentor less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and change of requirements
· Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by the production department
· Consistently exercises sound judgment in all areas of performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills. This includes a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the show
· A deep understanding of character rigging. This includes a fundamental understanding of the technical processes involved, functionality and requirements.
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Experience and proficiency in Maya or equivalent 3D software required
- Self-motivated, good communication and leadership skills, a great team-player attitude
- Background in traditional hand-drawn / stop-motion animation would be a plus
- Art Background. Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred
- Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging.
- At least 5+ years’ experience as an Animation Lead for TV series (Preferably Children’s series & International Productions) / Feature / video games.
- Referrals from Animation Director / Supervisors required
- Interact with other departments to provide feedback and improve the Assets or Final output of shows, especially the Rigging and Lighting department.
- Quality Check of Assets/Rig of characters before the start of production.
- Create shot breakdown for easier execution of projects.
- Make assignments of a show base on complexity and experience of Animators in the team.
- Give constant feedback to team members and report non-performers to higher authorities/supervisors. At the same time, take care of exceptional performers in the team by rewarding them for their effort.
Xentrix was founded in Bangalore in June 2010 when old friends and competitors Viren Patil and Jai Natarajan found themselves simultaneously transitioning from previous commitments. They were joined by a multinational group of senior industry people who had already experienced success in their careers, and were all driven by the desire to work together and co-create a new artist-driven animation studio.
The founding team at Xentrix consists of this close-knit group of executives, with senior staff in Bangalore and Los Angeles.
The goal at Xentrix is to leverage our collective past industry experience and build a high quality studio we can be proud of. We have successfully delivered hundreds of hours of TV, DVD and game graphics. Our key members have decade-long track records of delivery for marquee international clients on globally recognized brands. We have built, managed and mentored studios with several hundred artists and have managed over $50+ MM of global service projects. All key personnel have hands-on experience in the CG pipeline, production and client management. In what is a frequently volatile and highly complex business, we consider domain expertise & experience to be the determining factors in success.
Full time as Employee
Bangalore, Karnātaka, India
Start date: Starts immediately
This job is ongoing/permanent
Weekly Commitment: 45 +- 5 hours
Expected travel: 0%
Compensation type: Salary
No benefits specified
Unable to sponsor non-resident workers
Security clearance: None required