- An animated show editor is an artist, mechanic and collaborator rolled into one. He/She should be responsible for the cutting, assembling, and processing of animation footage for multiple forms of digital media such as television shows, movies, and music videos.
- In addition to editing, film and video editors also should have experience in sound effects, special effects, and basic knowledge of animation.
- Animated show editing requires hours of careful review through animated footage to turn an idea into a compelling story.
- Some of the main responsibilities of an animated show editor are to go through provided scripts and storyboards to better understand a directors vision, and collabratively work with other teams or departments.
- Preparing a rough cut for the director/studio and making requested revisions for the final cut.
- They select the best takes of scenes and splice them together to create the most entertaining finished piece, meet specific length requirements, add background sounds and special effect sounds to the match the visuals.
- They should posess sound knowledge of the most common types of software used in the film and video-editing industry like Final Cut Pro, Adobe primier, Adobe After Effects, Foundry Nuke and Avid Media Composer.
- Animated show editors may work long hours, weekends and holidays to meet production deadlines.
An animated show editors must hold the following qualities:
- Collaborative personality
- Technologically minded
- Attention to detail
- Persistence in a competitive industry
- At least basic knowledge of many different editing software programs
Xentrix was founded in Bangalore in June 2010 when old friends and competitors Viren Patil and Jai Natarajan found themselves simultaneously transitioning from previous commitments. They were joined by a multinational group of senior industry people who had already experienced success in their careers, and were all driven by the desire to work together and co-create a new artist-driven animation studio.
The founding team at Xentrix consists of this close-knit group of executives, with senior staff in Bangalore and Los Angeles.
The goal at Xentrix is to leverage our collective past industry experience and build a high quality studio we can be proud of. We have successfully delivered hundreds of hours of TV, DVD and game graphics. Our key members have decade-long track records of delivery for marquee international clients on globally recognized brands. We have built, managed and mentored studios with several hundred artists and have managed over $50+ MM of global service projects. All key personnel have hands-on experience in the CG pipeline, production and client management. In what is a frequently volatile and highly complex business, we consider domain expertise & experience to be the determining factors in success.
Full time as Employee
Start date: Starts immediately
This job is ongoing/permanent
Expected travel: 0%
Compensation type: Salary
No benefits specified
Unable to sponsor non-resident workers
Security clearance: None required