JOB TITLE: Trainee/ Jr. Lighting Artist
LOCATION: Bangalore, Karnataka
REPORTS TO: Lighting Supervisor
Xentrix Studios is hiring Lighting artists to join our production team in Bangalore.
We require talented men and women who show exceptional understanding possessing solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of color theory, composition, light, and form.
The position offers a chance to work in a creative environment and produce visual content for children’s animated TV series, Feature Films, Theme Parks and Games. A solid understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modeling, and texture UV's is essential.
We are all set to welcome artists who will contribute with their skills and provide ideas for creating stunning visuals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure there is consistency in lighting, colour balance and mood between the various elements of a shot or scene.
- Add the lighting that creates atmosphere, increasing realism, tone and depth in a scene and clarifying location, weather and time of day.
- Refer to the production designs and apply the visual style as faithfully as possible, taking care to maintain continuity.
- Balance individual elements to enable the compositors to produce a convincing image.
- Need to work closely with the rendering and compositing departments to understand what is required at the next stage and ensure their material is easy to use and delivered on time.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood by lighting
- Knowledge of the cinematography principles including depth of field, density, use of filters
- Ability to light characters and environments, interior and exterior, different times of day, etc.
- Good working knowledge of computer animation packages, particularly Maya, 2D paint software and various industry-standard rendering programs, such as Arnold, Renderman and Mental Ray.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Art Background. Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred
- At least 0-3 years’ experience as a Lighting Artist for TV series / Feature / video games.
PORTFOLIO REQUIRMENT & SKILL TEST
· Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) showcasing a strong sense of light and shadow demonstrated by artwork, photography, theatre, film or CG work.
· Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
· Candidate must be willing to complete a skill test if required.
Xentrix was founded in Bangalore in June 2010 when old friends and competitors Viren Patil and Jai Natarajan found themselves simultaneously transitioning from previous commitments. They were joined by a multinational group of senior industry people who had already experienced success in their careers, and were all driven by the desire to work together and co-create a new artist-driven animation studio.
The founding team at Xentrix consists of this close-knit group of executives, with senior staff in Bangalore and Los Angeles.
The goal at Xentrix is to leverage our collective past industry experience and build a high quality studio we can be proud of. We have successfully delivered hundreds of hours of TV, DVD and game graphics. Our key members have decade-long track records of delivery for marquee international clients on globally recognized brands. We have built, managed and mentored studios with several hundred artists and have managed over $50+ MM of global service projects. All key personnel have hands-on experience in the CG pipeline, production and client management. In what is a frequently volatile and highly complex business, we consider domain expertise & experience to be the determining factors in success.
Full time as Employee
Bangalore, Karnātaka, India
Start date: Starts immediately
This job is ongoing/permanent
Expected travel: 0%
Compensation type: Salary
No benefits specified
Unable to sponsor non-resident workers
Security clearance: None required