JOB TITLE: FX Artist
LOCATION: Bangalore, Karnataka
REPORTS TO: FX Supervisor
Xentrix Studios is hiring FX Artists to join our production team in Bangalore.
We require talented men and women who show exceptional understanding of fluid ,particle and rigid body simulations.
Knowledge of clor theory and sense of timing is a plus.
The position offers a chance to work in a creative environment and generate particle and fluid effects for children’s animated TV series, Feature Films, Theme Parks and Games.
We are all set to welcome artists who will contribute with their skills and provide ideas for creating stunning visuals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create effects for assigned shots using Maya/Houdini, ensuring continuity and flow within and between shots and sequences.
- Work with Lead Effects Artist to ensure that all individually assigned Effects deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and Director’s overall vision.
- Remain current and up-to-date in effects techniques through industry research and training.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good working knowledge of Maya FX tools and Houdini.
- Ability to Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages would be a plus.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required.
- At least 5+ years’ experience as a FX Artist for TV series / Feature / video games.
PORTFOLIO REQUIRMENT & SKILL TEST
· Visual demonstration (Show reel: QuickTime or web link preferred) of FX skills that illustrates your versatility
· Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
· Candidate must be willing to complete a skill test if required
Xentrix was founded in Bangalore in June 2010 when old friends and competitors Viren Patil and Jai Natarajan found themselves simultaneously transitioning from previous commitments. They were joined by a multinational group of senior industry people who had already experienced success in their careers, and were all driven by the desire to work together and co-create a new artist-driven animation studio.
The founding team at Xentrix consists of this close-knit group of executives, with senior staff in Bangalore and Los Angeles.
The goal at Xentrix is to leverage our collective past industry experience and build a high quality studio we can be proud of. We have successfully delivered hundreds of hours of TV, DVD and game graphics. Our key members have decade-long track records of delivery for marquee international clients on globally recognized brands. We have built, managed and mentored studios with several hundred artists and have managed over $50+ MM of global service projects. All key personnel have hands-on experience in the CG pipeline, production and client management. In what is a frequently volatile and highly complex business, we consider domain expertise & experience to be the determining factors in success.
Full time as Employee
Bangalore, Karnātaka, India
Start date: Starts immediately
This job is ongoing/permanent
Expected travel: 0%
Compensation type: Salary
No benefits specified
Unable to sponsor non-resident workers
Security clearance: None required